A written work-place safety policy is an essential tool in preventing slipping
Mostly preventing slipping is a matter of common sense, but written safety policies will high-light the danger areas and keep staff more alert. Halo endorses workplace safety. And one of the most important things is to ensure that the floor is not slippery. That is where Halo’s Anti slip can contribute. With a slip coefficient of .59 achieved in a wet pendulum test it well exceeds the minimum of .4. In high risk areas where a slip coefficient of .5 is recommended, Halo still comes out a winner. Halo’s Anti slip is such a cost-effective solution too, that given the cost of lost work-days caused by slipping injuries it’s really a non-brainer.
Here are some more tips for preventing slipping in the retail sector
In the retail area safety and preventing slipping is not only about staff safety, it is also about the safety of the public.
In food stores it is important to:
- Make sure that water from produce spray misters falls only onto the produce and not the floor.
- Provide customers with plastic bags and paper towels for wet produce so that water doesn’t drip on the floor.
- Make sure that there is clean-up material, paper towels, absorbent material and “wet floor” signs available.
- Provide umbrella bags to prevent rain water from dripping onto the floor.
- Make sure that refrigerator and freezer cases are regularly checked for water leakage.
Halo’s Anti slip is a powerful weapon in preventing slipping
Because Halo’s anti slip prevents slipping even in sloping and wet areas it is a go-to solution for retails and mall operators. In the event of human area and a failure to follow the tips above Halo will keep your floors safe.
Contact us to prevent slipping in your workplace.